In 1995 Saskia Havekes opened a flower shop, Grandiflora, in Sydney’s Pott’s Point. Today, the shop still flourishes but now its founder has an international reputation, not only as a florist but as an author and now a creator of fragrances. The first two fragrances, Magnolia Grandiflora Sandrine and Magnolia Grandiflora Michel, were launched in 2013 in Paris. The third fragrance, Madagascan Jasmine, was launch in the beautiful Fenwicks store in London in 2015. All thee fragrances can be found at Blush.
- Michel – Created with Michel Roudnitska, who says: “I was so fascinated with this unusual scent I decided that one day I would reproduce it. It took forty years to fulfil this dream and the right person to launch it”. A floral scent with top notes of lemon, grapefruit, bergamot and marine; mid notes of magnolia, jasmine, ylang-ylang and rose; based notes of vetiver, patchouli and musk.
- Sandrine – Created with Sandrine Videault. A floral scent with top notes of citrus, grapefruit and pepper; mid notes of fresh garden chords and dry wood chords; base notes of marine aquatic chords and musky chords.
- Madagascan Jasmine – An encore for Michel Roudnitska. His artistry has again achieved, with great subtlety, a fragrance that captures the glory and intensity of this lovely white flower.
- Queen of the Night – With Unique insight Bertrand Duchaufour has thrown a noose of light around the fragrance of Queen of the Night. The flower that famously blooms for one night a year and dies in the dawn is simply natures’s most beautiful, most fleeting scents.
- Boronia – The latest fragrance from Saskia Havekes and Grandiflora, made by perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour. With top notes of cognac and verdant florals; heart notes of black tea, warm resins and tobacco; and base notes of suede, caramel, dry woods and dry hay.